Lisa Mende, of the fantastic blog Lisa Mende Designs, tagged me in a fun blogging game. She tagged me and ten others. We have eleven questions to answer and then we tag another eleven.
1. If you could have coffee and chat with a famous person who would it be and what you want to chat about?
Tina Fey, and I would want to just sit, sip coffee, and listen. If Tina's not available, I'll go with David Sedaris.
Growing up, I could play a mean game of backyard football. With the boys.
3. What word(s) would you use to describe yourself?
My daughter, sitting here with me, insists I just say that I'm a Ravenclaw. She doubts if my readers are "awesome enough" to know what that means, but she says to tell you that if you do you get cool points. I won't tell her that I don't entirely know.
4. What is your most prized possession?
My book collection
part of it here in the family room
5. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
For all people to have the knowledge that the left lane is for passing
6. What is your all time favorite book?
The House of Mirth
7. What is the most important trait in a person?
Consideration of others
8. Who is your favorite designer and why?
How lame of me to not be able to answer this, but I can't! I have aspects I love of so many different designers. Instead, I'll show some of what I like.
I'd love a foyer like this - Miles Redd
or this -- Parish-Hadley
A living room like this -- Barrie Benson
or this -- Phoebe Howard
but especially this -- Miles Redd
Dining room like this -- Katie Rosenfeld
or this -- Grant K. Gibson. Well, this is really too cool for my house, but I love it.
Kitchen like this -- Steven Sclaroff
Or this -- Windsor Smith
Family room like this -- David Lawrence
or this -- via AD
or this -- Windsor Smith
Bedroom like this -- Susan Palma
Or this -- David Kaihoi
Patio like this -- Mary McDonald
9. What is your favorite room in your house?
The family room. It's very casual, comfortable and where I have all my books : )
10. The most important piece of advice you have ever been given?
My perceptive family encouraged me to pursue creative ventures. I'm so glad they did!
11. If you could be anyone else in the world who would you be?
I'd want to be Tina Fey with the singing and dancing ability of Sutton Foster and the writing ability of Tom Wolfe.
Now, I'm tagging the following eleven and can't wait to see their answers:
The Eleven Questions:
1. Where in the world would you most like to live?
2. Who is your favorite artist?
3. What is your favorite architecture style?
4. Where did you travel on the trip you've most enjoyed?
5. What was your most and least favorite academic subject in school?
6. What accomplishment outside of family, would make you most proud?
7. Is there a design trend you love? One you don't?
8. Whom would you most like to meet?
9. What is your dream job?
10. What's your favorite book?
11. Who is your favorite interior designer? Why?