I always love sharing new (to me) artist here at TPP. I "met" Amira Rahim on Instagram. She's a doll, and her work is gorgeous. Obviously, she's very diverse in style. I absolutely love the colors she uses and combines. This first one, "Lagrimas," has all of my favorites, and I think it's amazing.
"Souk No. 2"
"Summer In Dubai"
"Prayer Rug No. 2"
"Souk No. 5"
"Souk No. 3"
"Souk No. 1"
Amira sent the following:
* I'm 25, newly married, and recently relocated to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates with my husband's work being here.
* I love abstract art, and I'm very passionate about color.
* I'm always experimenting with new styles and designs, so it's a work in progress for me. I love this journey that I'm on and happy to share it with others.
* I've been painting and selling my original work here in Abu Dhabi for the last year, and recently started teaching acrylic painting classes here in the city.
* I'm a New Jersey native, love to travel, relax with family, and sit and enjoy the beauties of nature like parks and lakes.
* I'm a spiritual person, and enjoy painting as a means of quieting my own thoughts and reflecting on the human experience.
After looking through and admiring Amira's paintings, I wondered how expensive shipping was from Abu Dhabi, and asked Amira. As always, it depends on the size of the painting, but the examples she gave me were surprisingly reasonable. I remember thinking that the cost wasn't terribly different from shipping within the States. That was happy news as I'm sure I'll be purchasing something from her in the future : )